Oh, and the second day of training (when I was super stressed out), my QA, Lauren, left me this amazing present on my desk! She ordered a cute messenger bag online, and this gigantic Hello Kitty one came with it. I thought it was sooo sweet! She had it hanging on the leaf that hangs above my desk, and it surprised me and just plain made my day! Oh, ps- the other side is My Little Pony!
Here's a picture I found online. Seriously, it's enormous!

And here's mine with toesies included for size. Enormous, I tell you!

I've also been trying to get back in the social swing of things! Going to Nashville wore me out big time, so I've been staying home a bunch and trying to focus on Spring cleaning and getting things back in order after being gone and then sick. But I'm over that now, I think! So I'm hoping to take part in the weekly game night at work on Tuesday. And I made a new friend at work, so we're trying to hang out now and then, too! And hopefully I can start going back to girls' night with Lauren, Katy, and Autumn, too! They introduced me to margaritas. Friends and drinks errrrwhere! I love it. ♥
Oh, and I finally sucked it up and made my first hair appointment in yeeeears! I've only had my hair professionally colored once, and that was back in like 2006 when I had the black stripped out, went back to my natural brown, and had blonde peekaboos put in. And I've been touching them up myself since! But my roots have gotten out of control and now that my hair's gotten so long, trying to touch them up myself is just crazy. (I also won't let anyone cut it, so that's going to be another venture when I need a trim.) So I'm going to the Ulta Salon on Wednesday, and I'm so excited to not have to bleach my stripey babies by myself.
I finally got some real monies after being back at work, so I went on a little spring shopping spree!
Things I've bought this weekend:
♥ 3 plaid shirts
♥ 7 new pairs of undies
♥ grey jeans (since I loved the pink ones so much!)
♥ shoes for summer that aren't flip flops!

Also, I gave Matt a super cute summer haircut, and he shaved his beard (both his idea). I told him he looks like a 12-year-old with a moustache. It's cute, I swear! I haven't had short hair in years, so I forgot how much fun I used to have cutting hair.
We tried so hard to get out and do some thrifting yesterday, but I was just not feeling it. I think the combination of being super busy all week, all the stress from tech training, really mean calls from customers (seriously, people were sooo angry this week), and then all the rain just put me in such a poopy mood. And neither of us found a thing! I think I really just needed to be at home and relax a bit. So I've just been eating cheese and crackers and soup and loving on Peaches all weekend. There's always next Saturday, though!
I havehavehave to get up off my butt and do more laundry! I've been watching Frozen Planet and playing Fairway Solitaire all stinkin' day. Pfft!
Learning new skills for work can be daunting, but that's what training is for! Your coworkers and superiors will do everything they can to make sure you understand the process of troubleshooting. And think of how many more customers you'll be able to help once you've leveled up!
ReplyDeleteThat messenger bag is magnificent! It's so big I mistook it for a rug, at first.
Getting out and socializing is an integral part of establishing yourself somewhere. It's important to feel like you've got good people to support you and hang out with! I can totally understand needing some time on the mend after a huuuuge trip. Being around all your friends will be fun and make you feel right as rain.
Oooh, girl. So jealous you've got an Ulta there. The nearest one for me is in Murfreesboro. Saaaad! I LOVE going to the salon for pampering. I know they'll take amazing care of you. Luxuriate while you get styled and take picturrres!
Have a fabulous week. =)
You have such a cute blog.
ReplyDeleteYou have a new follower today. :)
realy nice blog :))
ReplyDeleteWORLDWIDE GIVEAWAY: 15 HARVEY PRINCE AGELESS PERFUMES GIVEAWAY!
http://fashionistaera.blogspot.se/2012/04/15-harvey-prince-ageless-perfumes-for.html