March 17, 2012

St. Patty's day outing and a real outfit post!

I was determined to get some photos using my good camera so I could make a proper outfit post, so I asked Matt to snap a few quick pictures out in the backyard before we left this morning!





Outfit details
Wet Seal cardigan
thrifted floral button up shirt
J. Crew skirt
Target leggings
Target boots


Yay! So excited!

As for my list of things to do earlier, not as excited! I only got a few things done. (The things besides cleaning, of course.) Matt and I went to Goodwill, and we found a few cute things:

For us:
two pink ceramic birdies
a little red bubble gum machine
a tiny German house made of wood to add to our other one!

For me:
a pink and white striped button up shirt from Target
a military-style button up shirt from J. Crew

For Matt:
a tan vintage work jacket
a light blue vintage work shirt

After our Goodwill trip, we headed over to this awesome new sushi place that just opened up, Sushi Maru. The Indian place wasn't really on the way, and I was completely fine with this decision! Sushi is my favorite. I had my typical stuff; a dragon roll, seaweed salad, their yummy cream puffs, and raspberry cheesecake. I know it sounds silly, but as much as I love sushi, I am terrified of the ngiri ones with the meat on the outside. I hate looking at raw fish for some reason, but today I decided I wanted to try a Rainbow roll, which are wrapped in sashimi. And I loved it! I'm so glad I tried it. I don't know if I'm brave enough for the flat-out ngiri quite yet, but I'm proud of my baby step!

After sushi, we saw The Lorax, which was super cute! I really, really enjoyed it. And the colors and artwork were just amazing. I couldn't stop picturing Andy from The Office, though!

Now I'm about to Wii fit a bit and hit the shower so my itchy leg will quit driving me crazy! I hope everyone has had an awesome, fun-filled St. Patty's day!

5 comments:

  1. Again, I ADORE this cardigan! Your style is so feminine and flirty, yet functional. That's really important on a drizzly day!

    It sounds like you always find the sweetest stuff at Goodwill. The one in Carbondale is très lame. I suppose its stock has a lot to do with majority of people that live in the city. Around here, there's mostly just grandma sweaters that are XXL and overalls. But I'm also kinda lazy and only check it out once every six months.

    I got excited when I read you usually order the Dragon Roll, because I do, too! I'm proud of you for walking on the wild side and trying new sushi. Recently I've been trying to be more adventurous, too. The last time we had sushi, on Wesley's birthday, I order a Pink Lady roll (spicy crab, cream cheese, avocado, cucumber, topped with crunchies, spicy mayo) that was wrapped in pink rice paper! It was so girly and delicious, I felt like a princess! I would highly recommend it (I also have a photo on my blog!).

    A lot of friends have told me the Lorax is a fun movie. It looks so bright and happy, and the trees remind me of Tribbles. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man! That sushi sounds amazing! I might have to find that out here. Yum!

      And I know exactly what you mean about the area really affecting the awesomeness of the Goodwill. There's one that we've been to a few times that's in more of a rural, kind of far off area, and I've never really found too much. Then there's one in a hip, trendy part of town, and there's lots of cute stuff! And then the one over near us, in the more suburban area, is kind of half and half. So you're definitely right!

      And thank you bunches for the sweet clothing comments! I try to dress casual enough to be comfy, but not so much that I feel sloppy. I feel like having worked at Old Navy and going to school the past few years kept me in comfy clothes since I did so much standing and physical working and then didn't have time to change before class. So now that I have a sit down job, I can dress a little more girly! :)

      Delete
    2. You'd LOVE it. I hope you can find the roll!

      Thank YOU for your sweet clothing posts! Aren't sit-down jobs awesome? It's nice not to have to stand on your feet all day long. Although, I have to admit, I had to start exercising after I started working at the station (where I sit and edit lots of footage) because I was getting so comfortable being a lazybones...and SO many of my coworkers have Kitchen Aid mixers and love to bring carbolicious baked goods. =P

      Delete
  2. I love your style :)
    you look aodrable!

    bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bunches! :D And I love your super cute two person blog! Following!

      Delete